I really liked the Lord of the Rings movies. They’re some of my favourites, even if they’re forever long…
I was reading something the other day about how they’re going to make The Hobbit into two movies for 2011 and 2012 or something like that… and that Guillermo del Toro (who worked on Hellboy and Pan’s Labyrinth) is going to direct them, along with Peter Jackson.
I’m sort of curious and a little bit worried about how this will turn out… I mean, I liked the creature costuming in Pan’s Labyrinth, and I thought the creatures looked really cool in the previews for the Hellboy sequel… but I kind of hope that they’ll keep in with the sort of costuming they had for the LOTR movies and not do something really crazy with the other creatures, since we’ve already seen what they look like in the other movies.
They could do something crazy with Smaug or Beorn though, since we never saw them in LOTR.
I’m sort of curious, too, what Tolkien would think about what they’ve all done with his books… what he might think about the way they’ve styled his fictional creatures…
Don’t worry though, I’m done talking to dead people. I shan’t ask him.
Surveys appeared shortly after…
1) Are you in a complicated relationship?
With myself, of course. My relationship with Chris is fairly uncomplicated. I appreciate that.
2) Do you hate more than 3 people?
Why? Would it be significant if I hated more than three? I don’t think I hate anyone though…
3) Do you love more than one person??
Yes, but not all in the same way.
4) How many houses have you lived in?
5) What’s your favorite candy bar?
6) Have you ever tripped someone?
7) Least favorite school subject?
This semester it was Magazine Article Writing.
8) How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Six… but I mean to rid myself of some of these. Had them for too long… since high school.
9) Do you own a Britney Spears CD?
10) Have you ever thrown up in public?
Last time… was in class mass when I was in 5th or 6th grade. My teacher made me sit all the way through mass and then clean it up myself afterwards. I never liked that Catholic school, really.
11) Name one thing that is always on your mind?
12) Favorite genre of music?
Rock… of various types.
13) Whats your zodiac sign?
Cancer. Back when I was in junior high I used to actually look at those stupid horoscopes, too… and it was quite depressing to see that my Chinese animal was the rabbit… so I got to be a cancer and a rabbit and have my sensitive, withdrawn capacities hugely magnified.
I then decided that I didn’t believe in zodiac signs.
14) What time were you born?
Oh, you know… sometime.
15) Do you like beer?
Never had it. And I shan’t.
16) What is the most embarrassing CD you own?
Don’t know, really.
17) Are you sarcastic?
19) How many watches do you own?
20) Favorite color to wear?
21) How many lamps are in your bedroom?
Four. It’s very dark in there.
22) First pet you owned?
Timmy, my kitty.
23) Ever had braces?
24) Do you use chapstick?
I try to.
25) Name 4 teachers from your high school:
Mr. Cole, Mr. Gibbs, Mrs. Jones, Mr. Franz
26) Do you own a gun?
27) What did you do last night?
Finished putting together my creative writing portfolio, watched the X Files.
28) Have you ever been in a castle?
30) Ever been out of the country?
31) Ever been to Kentucky?
32) Do you smoke?
33) Do you like your hair?
43) What were you doing in May of 1994?
So long ago? Umm… I was in second grade. Probably colouring spring pictures that our teacher brought us.
44) Do you own a Backstreet Boys CD?
I have one song by them. That’s all. No more.
45) Do you like yourself?
I’m delightful, really. Who wouldn’t like me?
46) Are you afraid of the dark?
Wasn’t that a stupid show a few years ago?
47) Have you ever eaten paste?
48) Do you own a web cam?
49) Ever broke a bone?
It’s “broken,” and no.
50) Did you like your high school guidance counselor?
No. They always called my parents to see if I was depressed. Made me pretty paranoid, it did.
51) Did you like High School?
Oh, I don’t know…
52) Do you own a car?
Would be nice if I did.
53) 3 things that annoy you?
1) Cussing. Don’t be stupid… there are more words at your disposal than those.
2) My brother playing his video game right next to me when I’m trying to work.
3) Slutty girls and guys who want girls to be that way. It’s just not right.
54) Who do you talk to before bed?
Nobody because I’m usually the last one awake.
55) Do you enjoy scary movies?
56) Would you go play in traffic?
Darling, you ask that like you want me to do it… it’s not nice to be that way.
57) Do you enjoy greasy food?
Not so much.
58) Do you own a box of crayons?
“When I go out
I play in the street
I get hit by cars
I make mashed potatoes
I get hit by cars!”