Today (meaning yesterday since I haven’t gone to bed yet):
– I woke up at 4:30 and didn’t fall back asleep until almost an hour later.
– Part of why I had trouble falling asleep is because I’ve gotten The Cough. The very slight one that turns into a worse one and lingers until the end of spring and enables me to make jokes about dying in a very Victorian way…from consumption (TB). Right ear’s been hurting a lot today, too.
– I woke up at 1 when Mum was banging on my door and telling me the repairman who was supposed to be here yesterday was here today instead.
– Felt too…bad…to go shower, so I picked up a book and shut myself in my parents’ room until the repairman left.
– It was freezing in their room, so I bundled up in my Five Iron Frenzy sweatshirt and all my quilts and down blankets and spent 45 minutes dozing and warming back up.
– Felt very faint and dehydrated after I got out of the shower.
– Played with the puppies and took Domino for a walk because she kept crying. Was doubly cold because my hair was still wet, and my nose started running. Tried to turn up the collar on my coat, but it didn’t help much. I desperately need a scarf.
– Played fetch with the puppies while Mum made dinner. Am very surprised that I’ve never been told off for playing fetch in the house.
– Ate a lot of stuffing and blackberries at dinner.
– Practiced the training thing we learned yesterday. The puppies were excited because I was using little bits of the chicken I didn’t finish. Gave Timmy a piece of chicken so he wouldn’t feel left out.
– Watched NCIS with my mom while the puppies napped.
– Saw some bizarre, new-agey commercials for “Hopenhagen.” One of them just played wind-chime music at us, but the other one sounded like middle schoolers doing tribal chanting. I couldn’t figure out how that connected with Copenhagen or climate change in any way. If you get it, please explain.
– Fed the puppies and was surprised and angry with Timmy when he jumped down from a chair and proceeded to beat Domino. Domino was scared and kept running around and shivering and licking Mum and I. She went under the table a little later and passed too near to Timmy’s chair, so he started beating her again…little brat. I think I picked him up and put him out of the kitchen for a while.
– Went outside with the puppies. Didn’t leave the yard because it was dark and soooooooo cold.
– Played fetch some more, then got out the tug-o-war rope and let the puppies fight over it for a bit.
– Watched House while the puppies wound down and got ready to go to sleep for the night. Mum says they’ll see if they can get me a Dr’s appointment to see if I have an ear infection.
– Got online and did a bunch of stuff…and am currently listening to Gustav Mahler’s Symphony No. 2 that I bought from iTunes. I had to write a paper about it in spring on my junior year, but it was hard to remember specifics about the music, even though Chris and I actually went downtown to hear the symphony. It’s not bad…’s about death, of course.
– Am getting off and going to bed quite soon.
“As if the night had said to me, ‘You are the night and the night alone understands you and enfolds you in its arms.’ One with the shadows. Without nightmare. An inexplicable peace.”
Louis Point du Lac
Anne Rice, Interview With The Vampire